The BritRail Pass + Ireland
A Pass So Complete, You’ll Want to Do a Jig
Contrary to what many think, the UK does not include the country of Ireland. It’s completely its own entity – geographically and culturally. And the Irish wouldn’t have it any other way. With the BritRail Pass + Ireland™ from Rail Europe, you’ll see Great Britain plus the glories of the Green Isle.
Linger in London, then head to Dublin for a Guinness. Find a hole-in-the-wall pub (as if there is any other kind), where storied characters take to a bar stool to tell their tall tales. Stop in the Scottish highlands for a single malt. Don’t overindulge or you’ll miss all the beauty that surrounds you. Raw, rugged landscapes, white cliffs jutting into the sea, fields of gold and green.
Forget the stresses of finding your way through Ireland and Great Britain, and simply enjoy finding yourself. In museums, castles, and of course, golf courses. And while we’re on the subject of links, you’ll find no better way to connect to the different cultures of the UK…and Ireland.
Irish or not, are you eyes smiling yet?
Here’s what you get:
- Provides unlimited travel on the national rail networks of England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
- Choice of 5 or 10 days of train travel within a 1-month time period.
- Pass includes Gatwick or Heathrow Express and Thames link trains.
Level of Service
First-class or second-class available. First-class prices take into account regions where only standard rail is available
Stations are welcoming to ALL passengers, including those with disabilities. Should you require extra assistance, contact your specific train company.
When traveling, you like extra amenities and personalized service. Going first class by train is a lot cheaper than by plane, and just as enjoyable.
Keep that environmental momentum going after the train. Pack your bicycle and set out to see cities and towns with another green form of transport.
The days of traveling with entire trunks of luggage are over. Pack less and travel with ease without paying fees for that extra suitcase.
BritRail Pass FAQ
- How do I validate/activate my pass?
- How far in advance can I buy my rail pass?
- What is a rail month and rail day?
- Can I buy a pass if I have a European passport and a green card from the United States?
- On what date is my rail pass considered validated/activated?
- How do I know which pass (and # of days) is right for me?
- Do the names on the pass and on the passport have to match?
- How do I use the bonuses that come with the passes?
- What is the BritRail Family Pass?
- How do I file a request to receive reimbursement through the Rail Protection Plan™ if there has been loss or theft?