The BritRail Guest Pass
“Hey, Mate! Travel with Me through the UK and We’ll Save 25%!”
Find a friend who says no to that offer. You and a resident of the UK can travel throughout England, Scotland and Wales for half-the-price of a BritRail pass—25% off for you, and 25% off for your guest. The BritRail Guest Pass provides unlimited train travel on the rail networks, and is valid for as little as 4 days, or as many as one month, used on consecutive or non-consecutive days. So if you’re companion can only take off a few days to show you around, this is the perfect pass to do it.
What better way to see the UK than having a local as your guide? Get the ins and outs of a place, find treasures not found in a guidebook and learn about the tourist traps. And maybe your friend will discover a new part of Great Britain too.
Learn something together, bond over a beer, create a memory you’ll both share forever.
Here’s what you get:
- Rail pass entitles the international traveler to be accompanied by a British resident at a discount.
- Valid in first- or second-class.
Level of Service
Depending on your budget or personal preferences, either first- or second-class adult seating is available
Stations are welcoming to ALL passengers, including those with disabilities. Should you require extra assistance, contact your specific train company.
When traveling, you like extra amenities and personalized service. Going first class by train is a lot cheaper than by plane, and just as enjoyable.
Keep that environmental momentum going after the train. Pack your bicycle and set out to see cities and towns with another green form of transport.
The days of traveling with entire trunks of luggage are over. Pack less and travel with ease without paying fees for that extra suitcase.
BritRail Pass FAQ
- How do I validate/activate my pass?
- How far in advance can I buy my rail pass?
- What is a rail month and rail day?
- Can I buy a pass if I have a European passport and a green card from the United States?
- On what date is my rail pass considered validated/activated?
- How do I know which pass (and # of days) is right for me?
- Do the names on the pass and on the passport have to match?
- How do I use the bonuses that come with the passes?
- What is the BritRail Family Pass?
- How do I file a request to receive reimbursement through the Rail Protection Plan™ if there has been loss or theft?