Choose your Pass
The BritRail Pass ‘n Drive
Baby, You Can Drive My Car. Until You Would Rather Take the Train.
You’re an true explorer. Not content to just see the sights by train, you like to get behind the wheel, put your pedal to the medal and see the nooks and crannies of a place. If this is you, then the BritRail Pass ‘n Drive is one heck of an English muffin.
Relax on long hauls as the countryside whirls past your train window. Then hop in your Hertz rental car and drive, baby, drive. Leisurely explore the beauty of Britain as you adeptly learn how to drive on the left.
With rail and wheels, you can experience the best Britain has to offer. Just like driving through any American big city is a giant hassle, use your rail pass to navigate the capitals London and Edinburgh and their surrounding cities. Change your travel plans on a whim? Get in your car and cruise to the Cotswolds. Check into a charming B&B and wake to the smell of fresh scones and glorious English gardens.
The BritRail Pass ‘n Drive – the freedom of travel is at your fingertips…and your toes.
Here’s what you get:
- Rail pass provides unlimited travel on the national rail networks of England, Scotland and Wales, including Gatwick Express, Heathrow Express, Stansted Express and Thames link.
- Choice of 4 or 8 days of train travel and 2 days of Hertz car rental within a 2-month time period.
- Choice of 9 car categories; 5 vehicles are available in manual and 4 available in automatic.
- Travel days may be used consecutively or not.
Level of Service
First-class or second-class rail travel available. First class prices take into account regions where only second-class rail is available.
Stations are welcoming to ALL passengers, including those with disabilities. Should you require extra assistance, contact your specific train company.
When traveling, you like extra amenities and personalized service. Going first class by train is a lot cheaper than by plane, and just as enjoyable.
Keep that environmental momentum going after the train. Pack your bicycle and set out to see cities and towns with another green form of transport.
The days of traveling with entire trunks of luggage are over. Pack less and travel with ease without paying fees for that extra suitcase.
BritRail Pass FAQ
- How do I validate/activate my pass?
- How far in advance can I buy my rail pass?
- What is a rail month and rail day?
- Can I buy a pass if I have a European passport and a green card from the United States?
- On what date is my rail pass considered validated/activated?
- How do I know which pass (and # of days) is right for me?
- Do the names on the pass and on the passport have to match?
- How do I use the bonuses that come with the passes?
- What is the BritRail Family Pass?
- How do I file a request to receive reimbursement through the Rail Protection Plan™ if there has been loss or theft?