Britrail Freedom of Scotland Pass
You Have the Freedom to See Scotland Your Way
Pledge allegiance to your travels to not be rigid in your schedules and to see Scotland at your pace. Thinking of taking a bus tour to the land of Nessie and Connery? Don’t be “Bonded” to an itinerary. Thanks to the versatile Britrail Freedom of Scotland Pass™, you can reclaim your travel independence. Talk about liberty and justice for all!
The rail pass provides unlimited train travel on Scotland’s rail network for either four or eight days to be used when you desire. So where to begin your journey? Elegant Edinburgh beckons with its gorgeous castle and the National Galleries of Scotland. Tour the Palace of Holyrood, where the Queen stays when she’s in town. Top of your trip (and glass) with a visit to the Glenkinchie Distillery for the city’s famed single malt whiskey.
But perhaps a trip off-the-beaten path is more your plaid bag, like the remote Scottish Highlands. Rugged and romantic, they represent one of Europe’s great wilderness areas. In once-gritty Glasgow, the young, university crowd has helped give the city a facelift. With excellent art galleries, and countless pubs and bars, Glasgow is starting to gleam.
Not sure where to travel next? Ask a local on the train. With a Gaelic accent, you’ll hear plenty of opinions. Scotland’s people are feisty – but friendly, too. That’s our pledge to you!
Here’s what you get:
- Unlimited train travel on the national rail network of Scotland.
- Valid for any 4 days within an 8-day period, or 8 days within a 15-day period.
- Travel days may be used consecutively or non-consecutively.
- Discounts on select ferry and bus routes, as well as certain Guide Friday Tours.
Level of Service
Second class service delivers leisurely travel accommodations that are both comfortable and economical
Stations are welcoming to ALL passengers, including those with disabilities. Should you require extra assistance, contact your specific train company.
When traveling, you like extra amenities and personalized service. Going first class by train is a lot cheaper than by plane, and just as enjoyable.
Keep that environmental momentum going after the train. Pack your bicycle and set out to see cities and towns with another green form of transport.
The days of traveling with entire trunks of luggage are over. Pack less and travel with ease without paying fees for that extra suitcase.
BritRail Pass FAQ
- How do I validate/activate my pass?
- How far in advance can I buy my rail pass?
- What is a rail month and rail day?
- Can I buy a pass if I have a European passport and a green card from the United States?
- On what date is my rail pass considered validated/activated?
- How do I know which pass (and # of days) is right for me?
- Do the names on the pass and on the passport have to match?
- How do I use the bonuses that come with the passes?
- What is the BritRail Family Pass?
- How do I file a request to receive reimbursement through the Rail Protection Plan™ if there has been loss or theft?